Hey there! So, I've decided to start a new series on the blog! It will be published on Fridays and will highlight things that I loved during the week. I'm thinking that it'll be a nice way for me to archive my interests. Hopefully, it will also introduce you guys to some new things and keep you occupied on those never-ending Friday afternoons at the office. ...or, you know, on Friday evenings when you are completely and totally off of work ;).
So, here goes — my first This Week's Loves for the first week of June 2015:
- I've been digging summery fedoras and floppy hats and I loved this hat styling by Jacy of Love Lenore. ...this might be the year I buy a fedora.
- The Unfiltered Wheat by Boulevard Brewing Co. has been my current favorite beer.
- David Whyte's quote on forgiveness featured on Brain Pickings resonated with me.
- I received a beautiful vase full of roses from my sweetheart! Technically, I got these last week, but I'm still thankful for them, so here they are :).
- Alt-J's "This is All Yours" has been on my vinyl wish list.
- I found "When You Do Work that Matters, the Crowd Will Call You a Fool" by Seth Godin to be a heartening read supporting the act of being brave, doing something great, and dealing with the criticism that will likely follow.
- I tried a S'mores frappuccino from Starbucks and it was delicious.
- I thought that "How to Have a Thin Skin" by Erin Loechner of Design for Mankind was a beautiful argument for not becoming hardened by criticism.
- Elle Luna's "The Crossroads of Should and Must" has been inspiring me to live my dreams.
- Lord Huron has been in high demand on my Spotify.